17th Edition Training for South West EnglandUnderstanding current wiring regulations is essential to being viewed as a competent electrician, and so the City & Guilds 17th Edition Wiring qualification is one of the most essential electrical qualifications to achieve. Our 17th Edition electrical course will teach candidates to understand and apply these regulations safely and legally, as well as covering the updated IEE On-Site Guide – a condensed version of which can be used alongside the full BS7671 regulations.
17th Edition Training BreakdownThis City & Guilds accredited 17th Edition training course is designed for students to understand, interpret and apply its contents in accordance with the current wiring regulations while at the same time learning where the relevant information can be found. It is an entirely theory-based course, covering the following units:
- Fundamental safety requirements
- Terminology, Definitions and the numbering system
- The scope and fundamental principles of the Regulations
- How to use the BS7671 2008 book
- Assessment of General Characteristics
- Special Installations or Locations
- Selection and erection of equipment
- Navigation through the parts and chapters
- Isolation and switching
- Shock Protection, Earthing and Bonding for protection and safety
- Inspection and testing
- An overview of the 15 Appendices
Is the 17th Edition Electrical Course Right for Me?There are no official requirements for the 17th Edition training course, other than that the candidate should have basic numeracy and literacy training. However, applicants should bear in mind that the course often makes reference to electrical terminology, as well as examples of where the regulations could apply. Therefore it is recommended for applicants who have some understanding of electrical principals and theory, such as those already involved in domestic, commercial and industrial installations.
If you need any further clarification on your eligibility for this course, please give Training Courses Bristol a call and we’ll be happy to tell you more.